TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR IAN COOKE FREELANCE DOMESTIC INSTALLER
1. InterpretationIn these terms and conditions of sale the following expressions shall have the following meanings:-The Company- Ian Cooke Freelance Domestic InstallerThe Conditions-the standard terms and conditions of sale set out in this document.The contract- the contract for the purchase and sale of the goods and the provision of services.The Customer- the person who accepts a quotation from the company for the sale of the goods and the services.The Goods- the goods which the company is to supply in accordance with these conditions.The Services- the overseeing of the installation services by the company of the goods in accordance with these conditions.The headings in these conditions are for the convenience only and should not affect their interpretation.
2. The basis of the sale2.1 Payment of a non-refundable 50% deposit is an acknowledgement of the acceptance of these terms and conditions of sale.2.2 The Company shall provide the customer with the goods and services in accordance with a written quotation.2.3 No variation of these conditions shall be binding, unless agreed in writing between the Company and the Customer.2.4 If any advice or recommendation relating to the goods given by the Company’s employees to the Customer is not confirmed in writing, then the Company shall not be liable.2.5 Any typographical, clerical, error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice of other document or information issued by the Company shall be subject to correction without liability on the part of the Company.
3. Orders and Specifications3.1 No order submitted by the Customer shall be accepted by the Company until the Company receives a minimum of 30% (non-refundable deposit for Kitchen, Bathroom, Bedroom furniture and appliances. Quotations are valid for 90 days.3.2 The customer shall be responsible to the Customer for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of the order submitted by the Company (including any applicable specification).3.3 There will be a handling charge of 20% of the goods if the Customer decides to alter the order after paying the deposit once it has been accepted by the Company.3.4 No order, which has been accepted by the Company, may be cancelled by the Customer except with the agreement in writing. The Customer shall fully indemnify the Company against all loss, including loss of profit, costs, including the cost of all labour and materials used, damages, charges and expenses incurred by the Company as a result of cancellation.
4. Price of Goods4.1 Not withstanding any prices quoted by the Company, the Company reserves the right, by giving notice to the Customer at any time before delivery, to increase the price of the goods and services to reflect any increases in the cost to the Company outside of their control, such as any alteration of duties e.g.: VAT4.2 Unless otherwise indicated by the Company, prices quoted include insurance and packing.
5. Terms of payment5.1 A deposit of 50% to be paid on placement of order.5.2 Final payment of 50% payable on delivery of goods.5.3 The installation costs to be paid as set out on quotation under terms and conditions.5.4 The goods remain the property of the Company until They have been paid in full.5.5 Credit card payments are not accepted.
6. Delivery6.1 Dates given for delivery of the goods are approximate and the Company shall not be liable in any way for the failure or delay of the goods that come from the supplier or manufacturer.6.2 The Company reserves the right to delivery in instalments if necessary.6.3 If the customer fails to take delivery of the goods or fails to give the Company adequate delivery instructions then the Company may store the goods at the Customers risk until actual delivery.
7. Risk and Property7.1 Risk of damage to or loss of the goods shall pass to the customer at the time of delivery, after the customer has checked the goods.
8. The Services8.1 The Company accepts no responsibility in respect of any goods supplied to the Customer other than those supplied by the Company.8.2 The Company accepts no liability whatsoever for the contractors who are employed by the Customer to install the goods. The Company’s contractors will be required to be adequately insured and suitably qualified to carry out the works required to install the goods. Any further works required to be done at the instruction of the Customer will require a signed variation to contract by the Customer before works can commence.
9. Inspection of Work9.1 All deliveries must be checked by the Customer for size, design and colour at the point of delivery.9.2 The Company will not accept any claims in respect of incorrect delivery made once the goods have been installed or prepared for installation e.g. drilled holes in the goods.
10. Design, Drawings and Specifications10.1 All designs, drawings and specifications prepared by the Company shall at all times remain the property of the Company.
11. Warranties and Liability11.1 The Company shall not in any case be liable for any loss or shortage of the goods unless this is caused by the Company’s negligence. The Customer can claim if this is the case but must notify the Company within 3 working days of delivery of the goods, with the goods being left in the original damaged state.11.2 Where any valid claim is made in accordance with these conditions, then the Company will be entitled at its sole discretion to repair or replace the goods free of charge, but the Company will have no further liability to the Customer.11.3 Goods, which are ‘defective’, are those, which do not function properly, owing to a fault in material.11.4 Where the goods are sold under a consumer transaction as defined by the Consumer Transaction (Restrictions on Statements) order 1976, the statutory rights of the customer are not affected by these conditions.
12. General12.1 No provisions of these conditions shall affect the Customer’s statutory rights.The laws of England shall govern the Contract.